Tyre Manufacturers - Continental Tyres
Are you thinking about buying new tyres for your vehicle? Maybe you should choose tyres of this very impressive, top-quality brand.
Buy your new Continental Tyres here at Draycott Engineering - your tyre and vehicle specialist in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
In 1871, the "Continental-Caoutchouc and Gutta-Percha Compagnie" was established in Hanover, Germany. The company produces soft rubber, rubberised fabrics and solid tyres for carriages and bicycles. As the first German company, Continental manufactured bicycle pneumatic tyres, the so-called Pneumatics. In 1904, Continental became the first company in the world to develop profiles for automotive vehicles.
In the following years, Continental grew to one of the five largest tyre manufacturers in the world. Through dozens of successes in motorsport with Continental tyres, the company is becoming increasingly famous. Numerous new launches and developments strengthen the position of the company in the global market and above all in the German market. In 1995 the "Automotive Systems" division was set up to intensify the system business with the automotive industry. Continental already presented a key technology without which the hybrid drive systems would be unthinkable. The "Automotive Systems" division opened up a whole new branch of the automotive sector to Continental.
In the coming years, Continental will be the supplier of systems and components for drives and chassis, brake systems, infotainment solutions, instrumentation, vehicle electronics and technical elastomer products. The tyre producer Continental has thus become one of the world's leading automotive suppliers, contributing not only to driving safety but also to global climate protection. Today the Continental Group is represented by more than 160,000 employees in 46 countries.
The Group can be divided into five divisions: Chassis & Safety, which covers the core competency of driving safety.
- Braking, driving assistance, passive safety and chassis.
- Powertrain, for innovative and efficient system solutions around the powertrain.
- Interior, which includes various activities relating to the administration and visualisation of information in the vehicle.
- Tyres, broken down into the passenger car and commercial vehicle tyres sections.
- ContiTech bundles the development and production of functional parts, components and systems for the automotive industry, as well as for crucial other industry branches.