Book your service
Keep your motors running this winter with a ‘Winter Check’ at Draycott Engineering
With winter on the way it is important to make sure that your vehicle will survive the plummeting temperatures and will perform safely in wet, wind and icy driving conditions.
Breakdowns can more than double during the winter months – so book in now!!
What will we check in our ‘Winter Check’?
Tyres -We will check the overall condition of your tyres tread depth and pressure and will check the tyre for cracks and bulges.
- Battery - We will test the batteries charge and make sure that the battery connections are tight. We will also check that the wires are in good repair.
- Coolant / Anti-freeze- We will check the strength and levels, including the hoses and top with antifreeze if necessary.
- Lights- We make sure that all your lights, including headlights, fog lights and indicators, are in full working order, with no cracked lenses or blown bulbs.
- Brakes- We will check your brakes and your brake fluid levels to ensure the brakes are fast and responsive.
- Window Wipers- We will check your wiper blades for splits or damage and replace where necessary.
- Fluids- We will check your fluids which will include oil, antifreeze, power steering and brake fluid.
Once your winter check has been completed our technicians at Draycott Engineering will explain the report with you and discuss any areas that need attending to in order to keep your car performing at its best this winter.
Winter Breakdown Essentials:
However, it is not always possible to avoid a breakdown. If your vehicle does breakdown this winter, we recommend you have the following Winter Breakdown Essentials with you in your car to make sure you stay warm and safe;
- A Snow Shovel
- De-Icer and window scraper
- A High Visibility Vest
- Empty Fuel Can
- In-Car mobile phone charger
- Road Map
- Food and drink supplies
Book in now for your ‘Winter Check’ at Draycott Engineering, Didcot and our dedicated team will be happy to help.